CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wisdom Teeth... Yuk


So on Friday, Anne got all four of her wisdom teeth out. We thought it would be funny to take before and after shots. We had another "after" shot, but I still looked pretty upset (read red, teary eyes, blotched face), so we thought it would be best not to put it up!

The first 2 upper teeth were a breeze. I could hear the cracking.... eww.... but it was manageable 15 minutes for both of them. The 3rd tooth, the bottom left was a b*tch. I swear it took them half an hour to get out! It was surgical, meaning they cut it up into bits before trying to take it out - but the bugger was "deeply rooted" and had a hook on it (the dental nurse showed me). The photo doesn't show the awesome bruise I have a result - but the swelling you can definitely see! The 4th tooth was surgical, but took 10 or so minutes - nowhere near as bad as the 3rd tooth. The dentist had to give me a break after the 3rd tooth, as I was visibly upset!! I didn't have any laughing gas, which I thought I would have - so I was very much awake during the whole procedure!

But we got home and Shannon has been a great nurse. I have been living on jelly, mac and cheese, scrambled eggs and yoghurt. I have felt no pain (thank you codeine) just uncomfortable.

I look forward to watching ellen, the view this week!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: